A ‘new’ health care plan has been presented by Congress. Paraphrasing Rep. Mo Brooks (R-AL) a member of the Freedom Caucus https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Freedom_Caucus :
- This is Obama-Care light
- Many in his party are not happy with it — some are
- This is not the plan we’ve been waiting for
- The VP think it’ll pass “. . . it’s still early in the process.”
- This represents the start of a negotiation process
There’s no estimate of what it’ll cost or how many will lose coverage or it’s impact on the budget or national debt
The USA is facing bankruptcy . . . DT failed to mention this in his recent address to Congress . . . THIS is our GREATEST NATIONAL SECURITY RISK . . . THIS is the #1 issue to be addressed without delay!
- This is the largest welfare plan ever submitted by Republicans
- He wants to “see the numbers;” he is “keeping (his) options open.”
- This is a huge step for socialized medicine!
- Lottery winners would be kicked off the plan
- Let the states pay for the health care of its citizens
Paraphrasing a disagreeing panel of pundits:
- The new Plan is in it’s very early stages
- Calling it ACA “light” is a fair description
This will not become law — too many problems with it
- The WH is “hanging back”
- Historically, the GOP has hated the ACA
- Would devolve medicaid to the states (which is unlikely)
It doesn’t look like a winner
- If the Freedom Caucus isn’t behind it, it won’t pass
- It’s been 4 days since the Trump Tweet about O — so far still no face-to-face meetings between Comey and DT
- WH says POTUS Tweets “speak for themselves”
- DT is obsessed with the media
Is anyone in the WH challenging DT’s thoughts? DT seems to believe whatever fits his view of the world
- What will it take for the GOP leaders to push back against DT?
- With each new DT-related controversy there’s a “pile on impact” hurting DT’s ratings
The GOP is guided by polling
- On March 20 will be the first public hearings on RU http://www.cnn.com/2017/03/07/politics/house-intelligence-committee-schedules-russia-hearing-march-20/
- When will the GOP tire of dealing with the RU drama and hand it all off to a special prosecutor — one that would be immune from political pressure? If there’s nothing there — let’s get it done and over with! Same if there “is” something there.
- One panel member believes there was collusion with RU that will ultimately come to light
Wikileaks dumped info. re: CIA using its spying technology on US citizens via smart phones and smart TVs. https://www.nytimes.com/2017/03/07/world/europe/wikileaks-cia-hacking.html
Who is Senator Chuck Grassley? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chuck_Grassley
Who is Rod Rosenstein? http://www.nbcnews.com/politics/justice-department/who-rod-rosenstein-trump-pick-deputy-attorney-general-would-oversee-n730126 If confirmed he will be the #2 in the AG office (under Jeff Sessions).